Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Daily Celebrity Dropping: Gwyneth Paltrow On Glee Singing Cee-Lo And Making Me Cringe-y

Wow, you look away for a second and it's been four months. Who named this Daily Celebrity Dropping anyway? 

Maybe you remember me mentioning that I'd taken a liking to a little show called Glee. It's about this guy who talks about diseases, food and politics.

Oh wait, that's Nightline.

So these Glee people are always trying something different. I think the experts call it 'breaking new ground.' The latest thing is, they're putting Gwyneth Paltrow on the show and having her sing Cee-Lo's "F--- You." Is it me or does that seem totally wrong? (To those of you who are saying, "She sings?" she's set to make her singing debut on next week's Country Music Awards. Huh.)

I love the song, but the idea of Gwyneth singing Cee-Lo is making me cringe. Couldn't the producers have come up with something that suited her better, maybe a waltz or even some classic Whitney. Gwyneth singing the theme from The Bodyguard – now that I could almost stomach. Almost.

Also, not to worry – they're saying Gwyneth will be singing the words "Forget You" on the show instead of spewing a bunch of expletives. There'll be enough of that from the viewers.

Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails