Monday, November 03, 2008

What my interview with Paris Hilton has to do with tomorrow's election

A few weeks ago I interviewed Paris Hilton for Genlux magazine. The issue is now out on the newsstands, and it seems a quote from my article is making its way around the blogosphere - even Perez Hilton used it. I'm thinking of sending him a bill for $10,000 or at least making him send me one of his Gossip Gangster hoodies.

The quote comes at the very end of the article, and was in response to me asking whether or not it was true that Paris had booked a seat on Richard Branson's Virgin Enterprise Rocket, which is set to blast into space in 2009. Her answer was:

"With the whole light-years thing, what if I come back ten-thousand years later and everyone I know is dead? I'll be like, "Great. Now I have to start all over."
To her credit, the response was given with a wink, but the quote is being used as just another example of her ditziness. But I'm sure Paris doesn't care - as she's said before, she's laughing all the way to the bank. After all, this is a woman who makes six-figures just by getting occasionally photographed without her panties on, something most of us do for free.

While the idea of a rocket ship ride into space didn't seem appealing at first, I have to say after considering Paris' words I might be willing to cough up a few grand to take that ride. If the election doesn't go the way I'd like tomorrow, packing up the family, blasting off into the cosmos and returning ten-thousand years later may be the only thing left to do.


You can read the article here. I'm pretty excited, as I'm thinking it's probably the only time my words will ever be on the same page as a dress that costs $16,000.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

tags: | genlux magazine |

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Hey congratulations! I heard that quote this weekend, but I didn't know you were the (indirect) source.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Perez he has to link FC. That will make us all rich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard that quote this weekend, too -- I think on wait, wait don't tell me? Maybe? Wow -- so cool to know the source -- of the interview... Thanks for Tweeting this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the whole rocket ship thing if the election turns out bad.

    Maybe we could get a group rate?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you and Carrie.
    Congrats! What an interview!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on landing such a fabulous interview!

    I think you should start a blog called "Six Degrees of Separation...From Paris Hilton."

    She may be pegged as ditzy but she does have a point...I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forget Paris. let's talk about OBAMA!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails