Thursday, May 23, 2013

How to Interact With Your Teen Without Embarrassing Everyone

This is my latest post over at Mom.me, where I talk about what you can do to avoid embarrassing your teens. Unless what you really want to do is embarrass your teens, in which case just do completely the opposite of what my article says. Actually the whole thing is just an excuse to watch this video of a cat in a shark costume chasing a duck while riding a Roomba. You're welcome.

There is a video circulating around that you may have seen—it’s of a cat dressed as a shark riding a vacuum and chasing a duck, and it’s the most fabulous thing in the world. I didn’t want to keep this genius all to myself, so I tried to show it to my 14-year-old. She did the “talk to the hand” gesture (don’t teenagers know that maneuver is so five minutes ago?) and said, “Mom, stop 'showing me things on the Internet.'”

She said this with that last part framed with a hefty pair of air quotes, and by the tone of her voice you would have thought I’d just shown her something offensive, like pigs being herded into a bacon factory or people over 30 kissing. Read More...



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails