Tuesday, October 11, 2011

This post is not about cats

Recently I ran into someone who reads my blog, and she said, "Oh, I love your posts about cats." I thought she must be mistaken, because I don't post about cats on my blog. After all, our cat Milkshake rarely does anything that amazing. And on the rare occasion that he does – like try to flush the toilet after he uses the litter box – he stops before I can grab a camera. And I'm not one of those people who's just going to blabber on endlessly about my cat, like I do about my kids and how cute they are. That would be presumptuous and boring.

But she had the right blog, and I realized there were a few posts where I mentioned our cat. But that just bummed me out because I thought, "Really? The only posts you remember are about my cat? I didn't regale you with my tales about Spam and my feet?" It was then I resolved never to mention cats on my blog again.

But then I saw this:


Man, if my cat would do this I wouldn't shut up about him! I'd write about him for days on end. I might even rename my blog, "All About Cats." Obviously what my cat is missing is a cat-scratch turntable. I'd write about how DJ Katnip (cause that's his DJ name, yo) was spinning some fat tunes while yelling out "Git down on it!" and "Don't stop believin'!" Once in awhile he'd take a break to hang out with his hos and paw at a laser light.

You can actually buy this: "Cardboard, mixing deck-shaped cat scratching mat – with spinnable deck and poseable tone arm. Folds together easily – supplied with instructions."

But that's all I'm going to say about it, because I don't write about cats on this blog. 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Ok, no judging when I tell you this but my cat said something that sounded a heck of a lot like "Mama" the other day. Now, before you go blocking me from comments & shunning me from the blogging community, know that I understand it was just an accidental "Meow, Meow" while the new hairball control food digested. However, what's wrong with dreaming about being the new YouTube sensation??? Yeah, well, we worked on it for a day or 2 after but it looks like I'll have to stick to my day job. Funny post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails