Sunday, May 08, 2011

Too much to ask











Kiyomi (yesterday): So, mom - what are you REALLY hoping to get for Mother's Day tomorrow? And don't say 'love,' That's just lame.

Me (only half-joking): What would be awesome is if you were in a good mood for the entire day.

Kiyomi (after giving this request some serious thought. As if I had just asked her for a kidney): Oh, ALRIGHT. I'll give you until 8:30 tomorrow night.

It's 11:30am and so far so good. Hope springs eternal.

Happy Mother's Day Everyone! May you be blessed with the simple things in life.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. My mantra when the kids were that age was that I wanted a "Happy, Friendly, Cheerful, Helpful day"

    It rarely happened

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NorCal Sistah5/08/2011 3:06 PM

    Hahaha! God I love that girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails