Saturday, February 19, 2005

Take A Chance And You Should Know

Tuesday we were in the van and I popped in the new Gwen Stefani CD. Kiyomi had on her headphones and was listening to Puffy AmiYumi, but Kira decided she wanted to get a taste of Momma Music. The first song 'What You Waiting For?' started playing and before I could get my slow Mommy finger onto the pause button Ms. Gwen had belted out the line 'Take a chance you stupid ho.' Here's the conversation that ensued:
"Mom, what did she say?"
"Uh, 'Take a chance and you should know'."
"I thought I heard the word 'stupid.'"
"Well, 'you should' and 'stupid', they kind of sound the same."
"But that doesn't even make sense. 'Take a chance and you should know.' It doesn't make sense. AT ALL."
"Uh, well, neither does 'Too Shy Shy,' but that was a big hit in the 80's."
"What?!"

Rigel thinks the jig is up. All my lies, lies and me, the lying liar. He says soon I'll have to tell them that some girl singers have potty mouths and say bad words in their songs. That mommy or daddy sneaks into their room in the middle of the night and replaces that teeny bloody tooth with a couple of dollar bills. That mommy spent approximately ten hours scouring three different Toys R Us stores trying to find the Fianna Tokyo Bratz doll from 'Santa.'

Oh, say it ain't so.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails