Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This

I don't believe in dreams as prophecy, but I do think they can say a lot about the person having them. For instance, maybe they can tell us the difference between someone who is worried about school and her academic future, and someone whose biggest concern is getting jacked at McDonalds.

Kira: I had the worst nightmare last night! We had the mean substitute, Mr. D, and I had forgotten to do all of my homework. He started yelling at me and then started sending me really mean emails! It was awful!

Kiyomi: Omigod! I had an even worser nightmare! I dreamed that I got a Happy Meal and when I opened it there was only one chicken McNugget instead of six! I was freaking out!

I tend to think the McNugget dream really is scarier, but that's probably because I'm on a diet and have only had a whole-wheat cracker and a grape today.



Pin It

11 comments:

  1. I can relate to Kiyomi's dream. I had a similar nightmare, where I reached for the Ben & Jerry's and it was...empty!!!

    Oh wait - that really happened!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO! That would be pretty scary. I do enjoy me some processed chicken-like food. With BBQ and Hot Mustard sauces mixed together, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have similar 'school' dreams when i was in middle school - although they used to revolve around being naked in gym class. I guess that says ALOT about me.

    -annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'd hate to be yelled at by anyone in a dream, but holy crapola, if I ordered some beloved nuggets and found my little box nearly empty...I do believe I'd wake up crying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. McNuggets: much, much worser. Without the toy prize, though, freaking nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The McNuggets with the hidden lips and ass they fool us in believing aren't thrown into the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um yeah, I second the whole nuggets dream being scarier.

    I often have dreams where I eat two Big Macs and a large choco shake without gaining any weight. Oh wait, that's just a FANTASY.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Your kids have scary, scary dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude. I lived a nightmare today - turned the corner after hitting the golden arches and my fries fell ALL OVER THE FLOOR OF MY CAR.

    ReplyDelete
  10. omigod, I just posted something so similar! It's true...dreams are such an insight into personality... Allan and his nightmares about dying before me and then helplessly watching me go to jail for not having done my taxes right. The dude doesn't fret over my health and well being. No, he's afraid I won't fill out the Schedule A correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. um, i had a dream the other day that my gyn was going to give me an IUD that just happened to be a raw chicken. . .what does THAT mean?

    also -- we're getting married march 14, 2009. yipee!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails