Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Keep the Ball, Just Give Me The Peanuts and CrackerJack

MetroDad has a great post up right now about baseball. Specifically, baseball players of Asian descent, who he calls "our greatest weapons in battling mainstream media's perception of the emasculated Asian male." I say amen to that, since Asians certainly aren't getting any respect in Hollywood, where all the roles for rickshaw drivers and grocery owners have completely dried up.

I also have a post up about baseball, over on UpTake (formerly Kango.) The difference is, I don't know crap about the game - in fact, I'm probably more qualified to perform an appendectomy than I am to talk about batting averages and line drives. But I did some extensive research (I must have clicked on the Dodger Official Website like sixty freakin' times!) and I think I've greatly increased my knowledge of the game:

I’m not a season ticket holder, so I would head down to Chavez Ravine (as all us Dodger experts call it) and buy a one-day ticket. They range in price from $130 for MVP seating all the way down to $11 for what appears to be a seat in the top section inside a stall in the men’s bathroom. I’d decide to splurge for a $70 seat, which along with having a great view of the field appears to be painted a pleasing orange color that would go great with my complexion...Read More...



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE going to baseball games, but this is one sport I can NOT watch on TV.

    Maybe if I told my husband to sell me a six dollar beer, screamcheer in my ear at random intervals, and park my car a mile from our driveway I might enjoy watching the game on TV a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, who goes to baseball games to watch them play? Everyone knows you go for the hot dogs and the ice cream. Also, I like the feel of beer spilling onto my shoes.

    -annie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails