Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Peace, Love And A Spare.

Last Friday Rigel's office had a bowling party that was funnnnn. If I was twenty years younger I would even go as far as to say IT ROCKED. HARD. He works with a bunch of great people and I really like all of them, but not in a creepy, stalker kind of way. That said, I don't think that my suggestion of a slumber party for their next office get-together was that out of line.

I'm a terrible bowler, but coming off the alley even I got high-fives and a soul-shake or two. (Which, by the way, I am not young/hip enough to totally get. When someone's fist is coming at me I am inclined to give a swift kick to the nether regions.) I did get a spare, though, and I say it still counts even when you haul down the alley and knock those muthas down with your purse. Ah, bowling! There is something primal about the annihilation of an innocent grouping of stationery objects by a heavy, human-propelled projectile that seems to bring people together. And when you're belting out Pat Benatar's 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot' at the top of your lungs with a group of women, including the boss' wife, I'd say that all is right with the universe.

Then Green Day's 'Time Of Your Life' came on and made us all cry and everyone there joined hands and swayed back and forth and then hugged mightily in a non-threatening, heterosexual way. Why, if Oprah were there she would have been saying, "Yeah!" and shaking her fist in support of all the camaraderie and lovin' swirling about. At the end of the night I ordered a tonic water and the waitress asked me if I wanted a lime with it. When I said "Lemon, please!" and she said "Sure thing!" I thought, "It doesn't get any better than this."

But it did!

They had one of those instant photo booths and it was calling our names. We crammed into it with our friends Jon and Alex and here is the chilling aftermath:

I won't post the one where Alex said, "Make a funny face!" and then she was the only one that did. Cause that night, it was all about peace, love and understanding.

Archive File: Married | This Life

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. So this was your second GREAT experience bowling.
    You remember. New Year's Eve Nineteen Eighty Sumthin', six relatively HOT BABES shaking the pins at HOLIDAY BOWL, outfitted completely in fashion victim black and fish net stockings. I think we were able to convince you NOT to bowl in your BLACK PUMPS and actually wear the smelly shoes. We had our very own cheering section of drunken, beer bellied fellas, and despite the fact WE HAD NO DATES, they were still not quite good enough for US.
    We were so picky. But the night was full of Screwdrivers, Won Ton Mein, but mostly GIRL POWER! Glad to hear good times are still to be had at the ole' Bowl-o-rama. ROCK ON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those beer bellied hotties were TRYING TO PICK US UP??!! Sorry honey, I wasn't picky - JUST DEAF. And to think I could have had my Chinese noodles paid for...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails