Monday, September 12, 2011

Entourage, I don't even know you anymore

Last night was the final episode of the final season of one of my favorite shows, Entourage. I hate it when my favorite shows come to a close. I don't really have time to watch a lot of TV, so when one of them comes to an end I take it incredibly personally, like the producers lure me in and then when I'm really invested they say, "Oh look - let's just pull the plug so she'll have to go back to watching those medical shows on TLC." And just like that, there I am watching them pull a pair of surgical scissors out of some poor woman's liver that were left behind five years before.

So, it was with great sadness and anticipation that I settled in to watch last night's finale of Entourage. And I have this to say:

Really, Entourage? THAT WAS IT?

I'm sad. Not so sad anymore that the show ended, but sad that the last image I'll have of Ari is of him as a blubbering, teary-eyed, grinning, giddy idiot. That the last thing I'll see Vince do is marry someone after their first date (although, he was my least favorite character so – whatever.) That whiny Sloane forgave Eric for sleeping with her stepmother and – and this was particularly awful – met him at the stairs of a private jet wearing an orange goddess-gown, waving and grinning like someone who had no idea that her boyfriend had slept with her stepmother. What.

The show I saw bore almost no resemblance to the show I'd watched and loved for years. I felt a lump in my throat, not because I was sad but because I was choking on my own tongue.

So disappointed that they felt like they had to tie the whole thing up in a nice, neat bow. After so many seasons of great writing and interesting characters, it was sad to see them change into completely different people within the space of thirty minutes. I was half expecting to see Drama suddenly deciding to become a Buddhist monk, or Turtle breaking out in jazz hands when he gets a last-minute call from Tom Bergeron inviting him on to Dancing With The Stars.

Although, given what they came up with, maybe seeing Turtle dong the Charlston, dancing off the show in a spandex unitard would have been a more fitting end than what they came up with.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails