Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Perfect Mother's Day Weekend

mother-s-day-happy-mothers-day-commentsHappy Mother's Day! Hopefully you are relaxing in your pajamas and ignoring the stack of dishes in the kitchen while your husband and children feed you bonbons and champagne. As for me, I wrote about my ideal Mother's Day weekend for Uptake this week:

There’s a column in the Los Angeles Times every Thursday called ‘My Favorite Weekend’ where celebrities write about what their perfect weekend would be. Predictably, 99% of them start with breakfast at the vegan Real Food Daily, involve a vigorous hike in Runyan Canyon and end with an organic chai latte at Urth Cafe. I sometimes wonder if this is just the PC version from their publicist, and the celebrity featured is actually having an Egg McMuffin and a pack of Marlboros for breakfast before passing out until Sunday night.

Since Mother’s Day is coming up, I decided to write about what My Favorite Weekend would be. As you’ll see, without a publicist to speak of, pork products and sedentary activity prevail…Read More...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

tags: |

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. OMG, how I laughed about your cat not pooping in the shower. BWAHAHAHA. This is after I stepped in cat barf this morning. NOT the way I like to start off my week.
    Also, Panda Express is NOT real Chinese food? Must tell husband this. Clearly the Chinese we ordered for Mother's Day yesterday wasn't real either, because it was GROSS. (At least the wine I had offset that little fact.)
    Hope you had a good Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sushi Roku, how I miss thee.

    There is nothing good about sushi in Denver. Fresh air, sure...but no decent sushi.

    Sounds like a lovely Mother's Day. I hope your real one was fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, so you have fully enjoyed in that day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails