Thursday, July 24, 2008

15 Years Ago Today, We Were Slow Dancing To This.

Fifteen years ago today Rigel and I were married. Everyone who knows me has heard the story of how we met a gazillion times, so I'll just give you the condensed version here: We were fixed up by a mutual friend and hit it off so well on our first date that we made plans for a second. On our third date I was picking him up at a train station in Paris where we spent a week together, culminating in a day on the lake in Versailles on a rowboat.

How could I not marry this guy?

Let me just say how grateful I am to be married to my best friend, the very best man I know, the most wonderful father I know, and the most kind man I know. So what if he doesn't like my plaid shorts, puts his feet on the table and hates it when I try and give him directions?

This is "our song" that we danced to at our wedding. Okay, so Paul Weller looks a little geeky, but the lyrics still make me teary eyed every time.

Pin It

17 comments:

  1. Awwww!!!!! I love it!
    It's so cool to read blogs about people's anniversaries. Thank you for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!

    Congratulations to you and Rigel - I loved reading about how you hooked up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear on my life I didn't see this before I posted this morning. But I'm laughing at us for having similar posts.

    Congratulations on 15 years of love and here's to many many more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I love that song - whatever happened to the Style Council?

    -annie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a great anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary SPM!

    Fifteen years! Is there anyone else in Los Angeles that's been married that long?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to making it this long! May you have 15 more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to making it this long! May you have 15 more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok...so, he is kinda goofy, but the lyrics! Anyway, congrats to you both on your 15th.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy anniversary! Yeah, you pretty much have to marry the guy you spend the third date in Paris with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy anniversary! You went further on your third date than we did - we only made it to New York.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy happy anniversary to you!! Somebody brings me a tissue!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a little late to the party, but Happy Anniverary anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy belated anniversary to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  17. can't hear the song for some reason but my guess is that it's Paris Match. what a great story! and an awesome song. you two are a kick ass couple.
    and paul weller might have looked geeky in this video but he is HOT now! : )
    congrats on the 15 year milestone. you've got us beat by 2 years!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails