Monday, January 14, 2008

Well, At Least It Wasn't "My Humps"

The girls spent the night at their friends' house on Saturday night so that Rigel and I could get away for a whole, blissful 24 hours. We stayed at my favorite hotel and pretended we were rich, spoiled rock stars. Although, I did steal all the toiletries again and this time even tucked one of their beautiful pens into my purse, so I guess that would make us more like tacky, thieving, rock stars.

Kiyomi was a little worried about spending the night away. The last slumber party she went to at a classmate's, she had a hard time getting to sleep and ended up sleeping in her friend's mom's bed, which meant the mom got kicked into the den. This made for an interesting story when the dad, who's an airline pilot, came home in the middle of the night and the unlucky parents had to sleep on the floor in the family room while Kiyomi luxuriated in their comfy, king-sized bed.

So I was relieved when we picked the girls up on Sunday afternoon and Kiyomi said she had no trouble getting to sleep whatsoever. Slept like a baby were her exact words. When I asked her what she did differently, she said she had found the perfect song to listen to as she drifted off, one that made her feel warm and fuzzy inside and sent her floating off on a marshmallow cloud. The song? A breezy little Disney Channel theme song? A lullaby from her infancy?

No, it was Beverly Hills by Weezer. Here's a sample of the lyrics:

Beverly Hills
That's where I want to be
Livin' in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Rolling like a celebrity
Livin' in Beverly Hills

Look at all those movie stars
They're all so beautiful and clean
When the housemaids scrub the floors
They get the spaces in between

I wanna live a life like that
I wanna be just like a king
Take my picture by the pool
'cause I'm the next big thing

Awww...looks like she takes after me. Nothing gets me sawing logs like the vision of housemaids and swimming pools.

Pin It

14 comments:

  1. that's where i want to be!.... as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weezer beats Disney any day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting choice for a relaxing bedtime song! But yes, at least it wasn't My Humps or Milkshake or god forbid, Amy Winehouse's Rehab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm stuck on the night off for you guys part! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that song!

    And I swear I've been to that hotel (but sadly, just to pick up a friend who was staying there - I always got stuck at the Sheraton Universal).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Haven't heard that song in awhile. Too funny.

    Happy Birthday to YOU, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It cracks me up that your title is "At least it wasn't 'My Humps'" because several months ago, I had some girlfriends over and we were dancing around, writhing like lunatics to My Humps (which I must say I LOVE, as degrading and dumb a song as it might be). My six year old girl and 4 yo boy were, unbeknown to us, watching from the staircase. Awesome. The best thing about it was the lyrics that my 4yo come away with: "whatcha doin' poo with lumps, lumps, lumps?" and falls down giggling. Let's hear it for Fergie and Weezer, bringing joy into the hearts of our children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. she and girl.imp are soooo never going to meet! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's got such great taste! My three year old is into disco. 'nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm further impressed with your kids with each new post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's hilarious. So while you were living it up like a rock star, your daughter was falling asleep to a song by rock stars about wanting to live the rock star life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The boys love that song too -- although I can't imagine falling asleep to it!

    Oh well, whatever floats her boat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails